Purpose of committee
The Licensing Committee usually meets four times a year and 12 members are appointed to it. Meetings take place in the Council Chamber, Market Street, Newbury RG14 5LD and start at 6.30pm. This Committee meets to discharge the functions of the council as licensing authority in respect of the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005.
Sub-Committees of the Licensing Committee are arranged on an ad hoc basis to consider licensing applications where representations are received. These usually take place at either 10am or 2pm.
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Further information links:
- Councillor Adrian Abbs
- Councillor Peter Argyle
- Councillor Phil Barnett (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Jeff Beck
- Councillor Dennis Benneyworth
- Councillor Graham Bridgman
- Councillor James Cole (Chairman)
- Councillor Billy Drummond
- Councillor Tony Linden
- Councillor David Marsh
- Councillor Joanne Stewart
- Councillor Martha Vickers
Support officer: Moira Fraser.
Legal and Strategic Support
Phone: (01635) 519045
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk