District Planning Committee
Purpose of committee
The District Planning Committee is appointed at the annual Council meeting to consider, on behalf of the Council, recommendations from Area Planning Committees. The membership is drawn from the Eastern and Western Area Planning Committees. Provisional meetings are arranged but will only be held when applications are referred up.
The District Planning Committee will consider recommendations deemed by the Development Control Manager and/or his representative to have:
· a possible conflict with a policy that would undermine the Local Plan or the Local Development Framework;
· a district-wide public interest; or
· the possibility for claims for significant costs against the Council.
If the majority of members of an Area Planning Committee vote to do so they can also ask that the District Planning Committee determines a planning application.
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Further information links:
- Councillor Adrian Abbs (Substitute)
- Councillor Phil Barnett
- Councillor Jeff Beck (Substitute)
- Councillor Graham Bridgman (Substitute)
- Councillor Hilary Cole
- Councillor Jeremy Cottam (Substitute)
- Councillor Carolyne Culver
- Councillor Clive Hooker (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Gareth Hurley (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Law (Chairman)
- Councillor Royce Longton
- Councillor Alan Macro
- Councillor David Marsh (Substitute)
- Councillor Steve Masters (Substitute)
- Councillor Geoff Mayes (Substitute)
- Councillor Andy Moore (Substitute)
- Councillor Graham Pask
- Councillor Garth Simpson (Substitute)
- Councillor Tony Vickers
- Councillor Andrew Williamson
Support officer: Linda Pye / Stephen Chard.
Phone: (01635) 519052/519462
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk