District Planning Committee
Purpose of committee
The District Planning Committee is appointed at the annual Council meeting to consider, on behalf of the Council, recommendations from Area Planning Committees. The membership is drawn from the Eastern and Western Area Planning Committees. Provisional meetings are arranged but will only be held when applications are referred up.
The District Planning Committee will consider recommendations deemed by the Development Control Manager and/or his representative to have:
· a possible conflict with a policy that would undermine the Local Plan or the Local Development Framework;
· a district-wide public interest; or
· the possibility for claims for significant costs against the Council.
If the majority of members of an Area Planning Committee vote to do so they can also ask that the District Planning Committee determines a planning application.
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Further information links:
- Councillor Pamela Bale
- Councillor Jeff Beck
- Councillor Paul Bryant
- Councillor Keith Chopping
- Councillor Hilary Cole (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Richard Crumly
- Councillor Lee Dillon (Substitute)
- Councillor Billy Drummond (Substitute)
- Councillor Paul Hewer (Substitute)
- Councillor Clive Hooker
- Councillor Marigold Jaques (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Law (Chairman)
- Councillor Mollie Lock (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Macro
- Councillor Tim Metcalfe (Substitute)
- Councillor Graham Pask
- Councillor Anthony Pick
- Councillor Garth Simpson
- Councillor Virginia von Celsing (Substitute)
Support officer: Linda Pye / Stephen Chard.
Phone: (01635) 519052/519462
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk