Local Outbreak Engagement Board (Public)
Purpose of committee
The Local Outbreak Engagement Board is a sub-group of the Health and Wellbeing Board. Its responsibilities include:
· Lead engagement with the public regarding COVID-19 risks and prevention;
· Endorse the Local Outbreak Control Plan and the accompanying Communications Plan;
· Provide ongoing oversight of the implementation of these plans;
· Provide political ownership of the local COVID-19 response;
· Proactively lead the communications and engagement in the event of a local incident;
· Coordinate, where appropriate, with neighbouring authorities in the event of cross/ near-boundary local outbreaks.
The Board acts in an advisory capacity only. It reports through the West Berkshire Council Gold emergency command structure and provides regular updates to the Health and Wellbeing Board. It also has a working relationship with the local Health Protection Board.
The Board will not answer public questions - these will continue to be answered by the Health and Wellbeing Board, Executive or Council as relevant.
Meetings will be held as often as required in order to manage and respond to local COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Councillor Graham Bridgman (Chairman)
- Councillor Joanne Stewart (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Dominic Boeck
- Tracy Daszkiewicz
- Councillor Lynne Doherty
- Nigel Lynn
- Councillor Steve Masters
- Matthew Pearce
- Andy Sharp
- Katie Summers
- Councillor Martha Vickers
- Councillor Rick Jones (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Macro (Substitute)
- Jo Reeves (Substitute)