Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission
Purpose of committee
The Commission is responsible for examining, or reviewing, the decisions, policies and services of West Berkshire Council and in some cases those of other organisations and partners to improve the lives of local people. It is made up of 12 Members, reflecting the political composition of the Authority. Members of the Executive cannot be members of the Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission.
The Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission can either consider scrutiny topics during a full Commission meeting, or delegate topics to a task group which will report back to the Commission with its findings.
Scrutiny is not able to review or scrutinise decisions taken by Planning Committees, Licensing Committees, Licensing Sub-Committees or Education Appeals.
Contact: Scrutiny and Partnerships
Further information links:
- Councillor Peter Argyle
- Councillor Jeff Brooks
- Councillor James Cole (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Jeremy Cottam (Substitute)
- Councillor Carolyne Culver (Substitute)
- Councillor Lee Dillon
- Councillor Owen Jeffery (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Law (Chairman)
- Councillor Tony Linden (Substitute)
- Councillor Alan Macro (Substitute)
- Councillor Thomas Marino
- Councillor David Marsh (Substitute)
- Councillor Steve Masters
- Councillor Claire Rowles (Substitute)
- Councillor Garth Simpson
- Councillor Joanne Stewart (Substitute)
- Councillor Tony Vickers (Substitute)
Support officer: Stephen Chard / Jessica Bailiss.
Phone: (01635) 519462 / 503124
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk