Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission
Purpose of committee
The Commission is responsible for examining, or reviewing, the decisions, policies and services of West Berkshire Council and in some cases those of other organisations and partners to improve the lives of local people. The Commission acts as the Council’s Crime and Disorder Committee.
It is not responsible for scrutiny of health services – this function is undertaken by West Berkshire Council’s Health Scrutiny Committee and by relevant Joint Health Scrutiny Committees where matters affect patient flows across local authority boundaries.
The Commission is made up of 9 Members, reflecting the political composition of the Authority. Members of the Executive cannot be members of the Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission.
The Overview and Scrutiny Management Commission can either consider scrutiny topics during a full Commission meeting, or delegate topics to a task group which will report back to the Commission with its findings.
Scrutiny is not able to review or scrutinise decisions taken by Planning Committees, Licensing Committees, Licensing Sub-Committees or Education Appeals.
Contact: Scrutiny and Partnerships
Further information links:
- Councillor Alan Law (Chairman)
- Councillor Adrian Abbs (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Jeff Brooks
- Councillor James Cole
- Councillor Tony Linden
- Councillor Steve Masters
- Councillor Biyi Oloko
- Councillor Claire Rowles
- Councillor Tony Vickers
- Councillor Dennis Benneyworth (Substitute)
- Councillor Jeremy Cottam (Substitute)
- Councillor Carolyne Culver (Substitute)
- Councillor Lee Dillon (Substitute)
- Councillor Gareth Hurley (Substitute)
- Councillor Owen Jeffery (Substitute)
- Councillor David Marsh (Substitute)
- Councillor Andrew Williamson (Substitute)
Support officer: Gordon Oliver.
Phone: (01635) 519486
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk