Western Area Planning Committee
Purpose of committee
This Committee considers the planning applications submitted to the council for the western area. It has 9 Members and meets on a three weekly cycle.
The Western Area Planning Committee covers the following wards: Chieveley and Cold Ash; Downlands; Hungerford and Kintbury; Lambourn; Newbury Central; Newbury Clay Hill; Newbury Greenham; Newbury Speen; Newbury Wash Common; Ridgeway.
If you're not sure which ward you're in, then enter your postcode or address here.
Subject to certain procedure rules, Area Planning Committees can refer a planning application to the District Planning Committee for determination.
The Western Area Planning Committee meets in the Council Chamber, Market Street, Newbury RG14 5LD.
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Further information links:
- Councillor Adrian Abbs
- Councillor Phil Barnett
- Councillor Jeff Beck (Substitute)
- Councillor Dennis Benneyworth (Chairman)
- Councillor Jeff Cant
- Councillor Hilary Cole
- Councillor Carolyne Culver
- Councillor Lynne Doherty (Substitute)
- Christine Elsasser (Secretary)
- Councillor Clive Hooker
- Councillor David Marsh (Substitute)
- Councillor Steve Masters (Substitute)
- Councillor Andy Moore (Substitute)
- Councillor Erik Pattenden (Substitute)
- Councillor Garth Simpson (Substitute)
- Gillian Steele (Secretary)
- Councillor Martha Vickers (Substitute)
- Councillor Tony Vickers (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Howard Woollaston
Support officer: Jenny Legge.
Phone: (01635) 503043
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk