Western Area Planning Committee
Purpose of committee
This Committee considers the planning applications submitted to the Council for the western area. It has nine Members and meets on a three weekly cycle.
The Western Area Planning Committee covers the following Wards: Chieveley and Cold Ash; Downlands; Hungerford and Kintbury; Lambourn; Newbury Central; Newbury Clay Hill; Newbury Greenham; Newbury Speen; Newbury Wash Common, and; Ridgeway.
If you're not sure which Ward you're in, then enter your postcode or address here.
Subject to certain procedure rules, Area Planning Committees can refer a planning application to the District Planning Committee for determination.
The Western Area Planning Committee meets in the Council Chamber, Market Street, Newbury, RG14 5LD.
Contact: Democratic Services Team
Further information links:
- Councillor Adrian Abbs (Chairman)
- Councillor Clive Hooker (Vice-Chairman)
- Councillor Phil Barnett
- Councillor Dennis Benneyworth
- Councillor Patrick Clark
- Councillor Heather Codling
- Councillor Carolyne Culver
- Councillor Tony Vickers
- Councillor Howard Woollaston
- Councillor Antony Amirtharaj (Substitute)
- Councillor Paul Dick (Substitute)
- Councillor Billy Drummond (Substitute)
- Councillor Denise Gaines (Substitute)
- Councillor David Marsh (Substitute)
Support officer: Democratic Services Team.
Legal and Democratic Services
Web site: http://www.westberks.gov.uk